Each year, the Erasmus Summer Programme provides international students and professionals with an invaluable opportunity to spend three weeks in Holland, bringing themselves right up to date in the health sciences.
In just three weeks, the Erasmus Summer Programme provides 30 courses on state-of-the-art biomedical topics. Each course is designed to fully satisfy the needs of international students with a specific interest such as clinical medicine, general practice, public health, epidemiology, genetics or biostatistics.
A key part in the Erasmus Summer Programme is played by the Fellowships: three suites of courses that provide top-level instruction in clinical research training, public health research, and genetic epidemiology. Each Fellowship is a stimulating challenge for talented young scientists who seek leading careers in scientific research.
Between them, the Erasmus Summer Programme and the Fellowships make a vital contribution to life-long learning and the professional development of students and teachers. By attracting ever greater interest each year, they reveal the enormous international demand for a springboard to an MSc or PhD in quantitative medicine or public health research.
What’s in it for you?
Fellowships cover tuition fee and accommodation in The Student Hotel. All additional costs – travel expenses, subsistence, etc. – are at the participants’ expense.
Applicants, who have been granted a NIHES/ESP Fellowship, will automatically be enrolled in the courses of the pre-designed course package Clinical Research, Genetic Epidemiology or Public Health. It is not possible to choose other courses. Therefore, please do NOT apply directly to the ESP courses!
Applicants who meet each of the following requirements will be considered for a NIHES/ESP Fellowship:
- You have not attended – with or without a NIHES fellowship – the Erasmus Summer Programme, Erasmus Winter Programme or NIHES programme in the past.
- You do not have a permanent residence in the Netherlands.
- You aspire to a successful research career: you are interested in obtaining a Master’s degree in quantitative medicine or health sciences and you wish to undertake a PhD research project in the (near) future.
- You are not currently in a PhD programme, or have completed your PhD in the past.
- You have a good working command in English, both written and oral.
Flyer 2017 soon to be published.
Participants profile and Information Flyer NIHES-ESP Fellowship 2016
Friday 6 May, 2016 (2017 deadline soon to be announced).
If you are interested in registering for the fellowship programme, please make sure you read the Participant Profile and Information Flyer carefully to ensure you are eligible for the fellowship. Link to the online registration form soon to be published.