Erasmus Summer Programme Courses
Take a look at all the courses in the Erasmus Summer Programme, and find the course right for you.View all ESP courses
Logistic Regression [ESP66]
3 August 2020
7 August 2020
Monday to Friday (5 full days)
From 8:45 till 16:00 CEST
Prof. Stanley Lemeshow
A solid first course on applied statistics, including regression analysis.
- Advanced Statistics
Online, download instructions will be sent before the start of the course, by e-mail.
Recommended book: Hosmer D, Lemeshow S, Sturdivant, RX (2013). Applied Logistic Regression, 3rd Ed. A Wiley-Interscience Publication, John Wiley & Sons Inc., New York, NY
Detailed information about this course:
Faculty: Prof. Stanley Lemeshow, PhD
This course provides theoretical and practical training for biostatisticians, epidemiologists and professionals of related disciplines in statistical modeling with particular emphasis on logistic regression. The increasingly popular logistic regression model has become the standard method for regression analysis of binary, multinomial and ordinal response data in the health sciences.
//Please note that the course information is subject to change and will be updated from time to time. We will do our utmost best to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information on this website.//
Participants will learn to understand the logistic regression and be able to apply it to real data sets. Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand the theoretical underpinnings of the logistic regression model
- Understand the interpretation of the coefficients in the model
- Understand the similarities and differences between logistic regression and classical contingency table analysis
- Learn how to use the model to control for confounding and interpret effect modification
- Learn how to assess model performance
- Learn to model response variables that have more than two outcome levels
Epidemiologists, biostatisticians, researchers in clinical medicine, researchers in the social sciences.