Erasmus Summer Programme Courses
Take a look at all the courses in the Erasmus Summer Programme, and find the course right for you.View all ESP courses
Logistic Regression [ESP66]
6 August 2018
10 August 2018
Monday to Friday (5 full days)
From 8:45 till 16:00
Prof. Stanley Lemeshow
Erasmus MC, Rotterdam NL
A solid first course on applied statistics, including regression analysis.
- Advanced Statistics
Notes: A course booklet containing copies of the overhead transparencies used in the lectures, homework assignments and other material will be distributed on the first day of classes.
Recommended book: Hosmer D, Lemeshow S, Sturdivant, RX (2013). Applied Logistic Regression, 3rd Ed. A Wiley-Interscience Publication, John Wiley & Sons Inc., New York, NY
Detailed information about this course:
Faculty: Prof. Stanley Lemeshow, PhD
This course provides theoretical and practical training for biostatisticians, epidemiologists and professionals of related disciplines in statistical modeling with particular emphasis on logistic regression. The increasingly popular logistic regression model has become the standard method for regression analysis of binary, multinomial and ordinal response data in the health sciences.
Participants will learn to understand the logistic regression and be able to apply it to real data sets. Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand the theoretical underpinnings of the logistic regression model
- Understand the interpretation of the coefficients in the model
- Understand the similarities and differences between logistic regression and classical contingency table analysis
- Learn how to use the model to control for confounding and interpret effect modification
- Learn how to assess model performance
- Learn to model response variables that have more than two outcome levels
Epidemiologists, biostatisticians, researchers in clinical medicine, researchers in the social sciences.