Erasmus Summer Programme Courses
Take a look at all the courses in the Erasmus Summer Programme, and find the course right for you.View all ESP courses
Gender in Research: Workshops [ESP79]
19 August 2019
23 August 2019
Monday to Friday (5 afternoons)
From 13:00 till 16:00
Dr. Maryam Kavousi, invited speakers
Erasmus MC, Rotterdam NL
ESP78 Gender and Health (8.45 AM – 11.45 AM)
- Clinical Epidemiology
- Clinical Research
- Public Health
Online, download instructions will be sent in August by e-mail.
Detailed information about this course:
Faculty: Maryam Kavousi, MD PhD, Coordinator: Miranda van Duijn PhD
During this workshop, we will explain how sex and gender can be included in the various phases of the research process. The workshop will focus on choices in design, methods and analysis. In addition, attention is paid to research team composition, publications and gender-sensitive implementation.
Our main purpose is to provide participants with insight into methods for incorporating sex and gender in research. Participants will also be divided into small groups to work on several projects. As such, this workshop will serve to form new communities of young, talented researchers who can join forces on addressing different gender-sensitive topics in future.
Teaching methods: Interactive lectures, exercises, practicals
• Provide participants with insight on how to take sex and gender into consideration in each step of the research process.
• Form an international network of promising researchers who can inspire each other and work together in the future.
• Provide participants with perspectives regarding the role of research funders in advancing sex and gender knowledge across different themes of health research.
• PhD students and scientists at the beginning of their career (maximum 5 years of experience after PhD).
• Those interested in how to include sex and gender in the various phases of clinical, public health, and epidemiological research.
ZonMw Gender and Health Knowledge Program will offer max. 20 Gender in Research Fellowships for graduates and post-docs to be able to attend the ESP Gender and Health course and Gender in Research workshops. Eligibility and assessment criteria as well as the application form can be found on